MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Plugin Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I had a custom plugin made for version 1.4 that I'm keen to have updated to 1.6, as I've tested it and it appears to be broken slightly. My problem is the plugin author as been away for quite sometime and I am unable to contact him, also his development board is running 1.4 and his other as been closed since.

What do you guys do when this happens? Any suggestions?

I'm having a hard time getting in contact with the author too, as it seems he's dropped off the face of the earth. I don't really want to request a new version created from scratch but this seems to be my only option. Sad
Well what's actually wrong with it...?? Could be a simple fix.
Edit for your own use. If you still want to "distribute" the plugin, then don't use your name on plugin, and share to the community without charge.
Basically the plugin allows me to display pictures next to username and display a bigger version within the postbit but once activated it doesn't create a section within the 'tools & maintenance' as this would allow me to enter pictures which would be shown near by a member. It could require a complete update, although it activates without errors unless I upload the index.php file which includes some custom hooks.

I think Lex uses a different License, I forget what he actually said to me.