MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All PMs ara marked Unread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After convertion from phpbb3, I noticed that all Private MEssages are marked UNREAD
For myself I have 336 Mps in my Inbox, so I have 336 unread messages !!
How to set all Pms for All users as READ, throught phpmyadmin for example
I don't see why everyone can't just mark all their own PMs as read... but:

UPDATE `mybb_privatemessages` SET `readtime` = '1' WHERE `readtime` = 0 AND `import_pmid` != 0 AND `folder` != 2;
Thanks for reply
Well, not all membres know how to mark all their own PMs as read
After running the above quiry, it gives:
#1054 - Unknown column 'import_pmid' in 'where clause'
Ok, just remove that Smile
I was tired when I wrote it and forgot the import columns are still removed in the official merge system.

Quote:UPDATE mybb_privatemessages SET readtime = '1' WHERE readtime = 0 AND folder != 2;
Unfortnately, After runnig SQL quiry, I am still having +300 unread PM
In local copy, I even emptied mybb_private messages table, and mybb still showing +300 unread Pms, althought the inbox is empty !!
How many rows did it say were affected?
Actually, it is showing nothing
seems no rows is affected
desperately, I run the following query:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `unreadpms` = '0'
and Hop !! mybb shows no unread PMs on header
So now, only one small issue: when I enter inbox at /private.php?fid=1
+300 are still having an unread icon!!
If you want to avoid the problem, why not delete all the PM's from before the conversion? This is assuming you have nothing important in them, of course.
This should auto-correct itself once you start using the board and PM's are sent and read. I have noticed that there isn't a way to rebuild the PM's like there is for other things in the ACP, so I'll need to discuss that with the rest of development staff.
(2010-12-14, 01:40 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]This should auto-correct itself once you start using the board and PM's are sent and read. I have noticed that there isn't a way to rebuild the PM's like there is for other things in the ACP, so I'll need to discuss that with the rest of development staff.

What, like a rebuild PM count feature? Or even a reset PM count? That would be awesome for these kind of problems!
Pages: 1 2