MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin to lock a user (from logging in)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a plugin that will lock a user, preventing them from logging in? This would be useful if I think someone got access to their account or was trying to hack them.

Note: I know some of you might say just temporarily ban them; I would prefer not to do that.
This is not hard to do. Just tell me your requirements, so I could code it right now Wink
Wow thanks so much! Um all I really need is an option to lock the user from the user's profile or Mod CP (option available to Admins/Mods, either ModCP or Profile are fine) that makes it so when the user tries to login they get some kind of message telling them their account has been locked. Also if the user is locked, there is an option in the ModCP/Profile allowing them to be unlocked.

Thanks so much! Big Grin
If you prefer to allow them to be moderated from Admin Control Panel, it would rather be easy.
You mean locked? And yeah, that's fine I guess but preferrably in ModCP or a link in the user's profile.
(2010-12-05, 06:10 PM)DannysForum Wrote: [ -> ]You mean locked? And yeah, that's fine I guess but preferrably in ModCP or a link in the user's profile.

I've created a simple plugin for locking users.
[attachment=20726]

waiting for approval at Release forum.
(2010-12-10, 11:49 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-05, 06:10 PM)DannysForum Wrote: [ -> ]You mean locked? And yeah, that's fine I guess but preferrably in ModCP or a link in the user's profile.

I've created a simple plugin for locking users.

waiting for approval at Release forum.

Thanks!!!!
Until it gets validated, you can download from my site: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=7
(2010-12-13, 09:57 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Until it gets validated, you can download from my site: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=7

(2010-12-14, 01:20 AM)Pixovee @ Yaldaram.com Wrote:Thanks SOOO much!! Have been wanting this for SO long!! <3

OOPS! I see a major error... when you login and your account is locked, it is almost as though you are stuck. You can't logout with the logout button, simply can't do anything... I'm gunna see if I can fix this myself but you might want to update :/

It appears as though you added the hook to "global_end". I haven't really made any plugins for MyBB, but is there possibly a way to exclude the "member.php?action=logout" page...
Please post this in released thread on my forum. That would be easier for me to reply and respond.
Thanks