MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fatal Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody, I have a serious problem trying to upgrade from mybb 1.4.13 to mybb 1.6, this is the error that show to me.

Quote:Fatal error: [SQL] [1054] Unknown column 'm.uid' in 'on clause'
SELECT m.*, u.username, u.usergroup, u.displaygroup FROM mybb_moderators m LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (m.uid=u.uid) ORDER BY u.username in Z:\AppServ\www\Upload\inc\db_mysql.php on line 548

[Image: dibujoqm.jpg]

What can I do?

Bye.
Are you sure you uploaded all the new files and chose the correct version from the upgrade list?? The uid column was removed in 1.6 so it wouldn't be trying to use that in a query.
(2010-12-05, 08:34 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you uploaded all the new files and chose the correct version from the upgrade list?? The uid column was removed in 1.6 so it wouldn't be trying to use that in a query.

Hello, first of all thanks for your reply. I tried in an old backup of my forum and work perfectly, but in the newest backup I cannot upgrade it, I think it is because of this error that I have before I try to upgrade:

[Image: dibujowra.png]

I thought that with the last update I could solve the problem. Huh

Checking the size of the old database backup (2.155 Kb) and the new (1.121 Kb), is it strange?

If exist the possibility to recover the new database, please let me know how can I do it.

Bye.
if you're getting that then you still have 1.4 code running, either from a 1.4 plugin, or from 1.4 core files.
(2010-12-05, 09:47 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]if you're getting that then you still have 1.4 code running, either from a 1.4 plugin, or from 1.4 core files.

The last error I show you is when I run 1.4.13 version. What do you suggest? Can I try to recover my database in anyway? Or I will only lose time?
If you got that error on a 1.4.13 forum, it would have been using a 1.6 database, that column was only removed in 1.6.

Do you have a backup of the forum before you tried any upgrade?? If you've been getting these errors on the versions you've said, you must have done something very weird with the upgrade process somewhere.
With the files of 1.4.13 and the database of 1.4.13 I have that error, if I try to upgrade is the same. I think it is a serious problem with the database, because I do not know why, but many tables are losed.

I have a backup of 2 month ago. With this backup the 1.6 works perfectly.