MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.4.x - 1.6 Missing Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello I'm very new to mybb and forum setting up in general but I am an advanced IT student and capable of working this out with some help from you guys.

The issue is I was not sure if the version of mybb we had running was 1.4.x or the later 1.4.xx versions. I went with the 1.4.xx + version when asked at the upgrade and it all seemed to come along smoothly that was until I logged into our board and the ACP was gone.

Instead the ACP button Redirects me to our main domain name that is www.mindcalf.net, any attempt at getting onto the ACP board so far has ended with failure so typing www.mindcalf.net/forum/admin/, redirect's you to www.mindcalf.net.

I followed the wiki guide for upgrading I did do the attribute changes required and I did overwrite all exisiting files with the 1.6 mybb. I made sure to disable all plugins shown in the Plugin list in ACP and shut the forum down prior to attempting the upgrade.

edit:
I have attmpted the rename of the haccess file but it did not work eaither. I also set my user account to use the default theme regadless of the default that set currently. So in other words its using what ever theme 1.6 would normaly use.

edit2:
I found this thread that is basiclly how new I am to upgrading

Everything else works Pm's the Board and its database and users/settings are normal. userCP and ModCp both function.

Only ACP seems non existent and instead as I have spoken about above redirects with out error back to the www.mindcalf.net.

I'm slowly running out of ideas but as of writing this I am re uploading the Admin folder from 1.6 download to via FTP overtwritting the admin folder on our forums.

Does anyone have any help regarding this issue, what to try,possible fixes, guranteed fix maybe.

I found this thread that represents how new I am to upgrading and it even has the wiki page I vistited on first post Click this link!
The upgrade doesn't do anything that would suddenly make your ACP inaccessible. If it's redirecting you at all you must have added a .htaccess rule, which isn't something we can do anything about.

Did you rename the admin folder at any point??
No I did not rename a thing all I did after the admin Cp stopped working since update was rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess like I read about in one of the guides to reducing errors.

I will say again all in short, I fired up cuteFTP after following the precuation steps "shutdown the forum, Disabled all plugins,backed up the database both using the online space and a dowload version".

Then unpacked the mybb1.6 download and Moved the contents of the upload folder overwriting the exisitng files via FTP.
Changed some of the attributes that it told to me change on the folders the upgrade guide says need changing to 777 and then procceeded to the install and followed that until it said it was done.

Refreshed the board and went to use the ACP to make sure things were ok only to find it redirected me back to our domain site.

The "ADMIN" folder in the root of the forums is there and all its contents.
try clearing your .htaccess file and seeing if that works maybe?
Alright I will give this a shot. Just wating on a transfer of the admin folder as I'm re uploading it just incase it failed to copy some of it.

edit:
So by clear do u mean delete it or remove the text in the file.
(2010-12-06, 01:29 PM)ledhead Wrote: [ -> ]edit:
So by clear do u mean delete it or remove the text in the file.

cut out what you have, so you can re-add anything later, and see if it works.
I assume your talking about the htaccess.txt file in the root of the forums I renamed that to .htaccess
(2010-12-06, 01:40 PM)ledhead Wrote: [ -> ]I assume your talking about the htaccess.txt file in the root of the forums I renamed that to .htaccess

yea, cut out anything in the .htaccess file, save, and try.
if it does work, then you can past your text back into the file and see which code is causing the problem by removing one line at a time to see if it still works or not.
Can you actually see the admin folder in your fiel system with all the files in it?? Is there a .htaccess file in there??

If it goes back to your home page instead of showing a 404 error, something will have to be telling it to do that.
Yes I im looking at my admin folder right now over a FTP client,Its in the root of the forums. I'm re uploading the mybb 1.6 Admin folder again just incase it stuffed up and no there is no htaccess file in the root of the Admin folder. There as a htaccess file in the root of the forums tho but I renamed that to .htaccess as it was once htaccess.txt.

I did this as I read that it can cause issues with error pages.

As for the redirect Yes it does NOT show any error page it just redirects back to the domain site very odd as I changed NOTHING from the exisiting files of the ver 1.4. I just Transferred the contents of the 1.6 upload folder and replace all exisiting files that were in the ROOT of the forums. Like It asked me to do in the upgrade guide.

I only changed the Attributes to 777 as required on folders that the wiki asked me to do this to. Other then this I only changed the htaccess to what I wrote above.

The link of the forums for the admin cp points to www.mindcalf.net/forum/admin/index.php but it still redirects. As you can tell by clicking the link.

I'm willing to go as far as letting a trusted member of support staff log into our FTP to attempt to find out why the redirect is happening. were not a big company we just host a minecraft game server but still if I can't work it out then I don't know what else to do other then to let somone else in who knows more then me.

edit:
I have yet to attempt the htaccess cut out idea as im still waiting on the last couple files to be transfferd over.
Pages: 1 2