MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Going to be Updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well since I am running 1.00 RC4 yet I should probably update. How is the quickest way to get it looking like it is now after the install. A lot of time and stuff went into doing the cosmetics of it and I really don't want to loose the look I have.

That is the number one reason I haven't upgraded, I don't want to have to try and recreate what I already have. Time is an issue also, I don't have the time right now to sit and redo everything.
MyBB RC 4 -> MyBB 1.0 -> MyBB 1.1.1 ?
i guess before moving directly to 1.0 , it is better to upgrade to pr2.
I'm not worried about the install process I will figure that out, just dreading the whole skin change and than trying to get it back to the it looks now.
Download it out of the Admin CP then re-import it after you upgrade.

That should work but I'm not making any guarantees. =/

I would do this on a test site first, that way if any fixes need to be made after importing then you can do them there then import the final style onto your actually forums.
zaher1988 Wrote:i guess before moving directly to 1.0 , it is better to upgrade to pr2.
Why? the update code is better in 1.0 I would guess.
I think zaher means that it's easier to upgrade from pr2 to 1.0 Smile
(for some reason)
And I see no reason why.
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:Download it out of the Admin CP then re-import it after you upgrade.

That should work but I'm not making any guarantees. =/

I would do this on a test site first, that way if any fixes need to be made after importing then you can do them there then import the final style onto your actually forums.

Thanks I will check into that
You can upgrade directly from whatever version.

The installer will run all of the necessary upgrade steps from each version.
Pages: 1 2