MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i code a login box correctly? I used the code from the welcomeblock_guest template and it doesn't work correctly.
bump! please help Sad
bump please
bump. no one on staff like ajs or matt rogowski knows how to code a login box? Sad
You need to be more specific with what your problem is. What error or problem are you running in to when using the login box from the welcome block?
it just redirects to the welcome block part. what i'm trying to do is add a login box in a sidebar.
Can you post what your login box code here. Also what page will this side bar show on?

If you have a URL to share showing the incorrect login box that would go a long way in sorting this out.
index page, it's on the sidebox i coded, second one down right under search the forums.

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="theadmain"><strong>
Welcome Guest
</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
<span class="smalltext">{$lang->guest_welcome_registration}</span><br />
<br />
<form action="member.php" method="post">
	<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
	<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->quick_login}</strong></span>
	<input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" title="{$lang->login_username}" value="{$lang->login_username}" onfocus="if(this.value == '{$lang->login_username}') { this.value=''; }" onblur="if(this.value=='') { this.value='{$lang->login_username}'; }" /><br />
	<input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" title="{$lang->login_password}" value="{$lang->login_password}" onfocus="if(this.value == '{$lang->login_password}') { this.value=''; }" onblur="if(this.value=='') { this.value='{$lang->login_password}'; }" /><br />
	{$gobutton}
</form>
<a href="member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->index_logout}</a> | 
</td>
</tr>
</table><br />

site url: http://reflectionsdirect.com/forums/

test account:
username: Test
password: Test0000

Thank you so much for helping Smile

Edit:
Nevermind, i got it to work fine.