MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What fuctionality currently depends prototype and is there a preview of JQuery Fns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know 2.0 will be updating to JQuery, but what functionality currently depends on prototype.

For those of us who cant wait, what will we need to change if we strip out prototype now.

I assume:
Quick Reply is an prototype call
Is the javascript editor also heavily dependent on prototype.

Since I'm trying to write a striped down version, I'm wondering how much work it would be to start doing this myself.

And are there any previews of 2.0 (to try to use future implementations now).

Looking at many of the external scripts, there seems to be heavy dependence on prototype, have there been many difficulties updating to JQuery?
There's no previews of 2.0, it's still very early in it's development.

You can have jQuery running alongside ProtoType if you use jQuery.noConflict() and/or replace all $ in the jQuery code with jQuery, it'll work fine... to only use jQuery would probably involved rewriting a lot of the javascript. I don't think anybody has tried only using jQuery before.
(2010-12-07, 02:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's no previews of 2.0, it's still very early in it's development.

You can have jQuery running alongside ProtoType if you use jQuery.noConflict() and/or replace all $ in the jQuery code with jQuery, it'll work fine... to only use jQuery would probably involved rewriting a lot of the javascript. I don't think anybody has tried only using jQuery before.

Yeah, I'm already doing that. I want to take out ProtoType for performance reasons (keeping JQuery in), I dont mind re-writing the js, but I didnt want to re-invent the wheel if there was a dev environment for 2.0 that I didnt know about.

Well, I guess this will be a long hard slog at something you're already doing... thanks