MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add multiple users to group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to add multiple users to a group at once instead of adding them one by one from user's profile?
If you set up a promotion feature then they get promoted automatically when they reach the requirement designated by you or another admin. What you're asking for isn't a feature, there may be a plugin. Why not try multiple windows/tabs?
In 1.6, there's a little checkbox next to each user's username in the ACP. Select the users you want, then at the bottom, choose "Change Users' Usergroup" from the Inline User Moderation box - and away you go...
Thanks for reply
Well I converted from phpbb3
during convertion some usegroups were converted empty, so I ended having a HUGE number of users to put back in their respective usergroup
In the phpbb3, I used to find in group management page a text area where I can put a list of users ( one by a line) then click add
You can create a 'View' which allows you to edit who appears in the Users list in the ACP. If you create a view, for example, you can limit it to only those people in the registered group - and set it so that there are 100 users per page in the list.

That means you can select 100 users to change usergroup at any one time. Or more, if you set it higher than 100.

If you're going to do this en-mass, then you're probably going to be better off with an SQL query.

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = '11' WHERE uid IN (uid,uid,uid,uid,uid,uid)

Change the mybb_ prefix to your table prefix, usergroup to the new usergroup required, and the comma'd uid to a list of user IDs you want to change.
Thanks for help
I will try the "view" method. Altought it is a little bit painfull, beacause, actually I am opening another window showing my old archived phpbb forum,
From usegroup list, I read user name, then try to find it in mybb user list to added it back to his usergriup !!!! Huh
That's why a prefer the phpbb way to put usernames into a list then click add
But maybe, you do agree with me that mybb should have this option to mass add users to a group
maybe I will post it in Rasuest forum