MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration and password resets.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Due to the increased amount of spammers I have changed registration to require administrator approval. However it seems that I am not getting any notices about new signups (I've check mail logs).

Also users are having problems resetting their passwords.

I have been on mybb for a long time and have not done a "from scratch" reinstall only upgrades. Should I just rm -rf the forum dir and do a fresh install?
You need a plugin to get emails about new signups, use this and change the compatibility in the file from 14* to 16* http://mods.mybb.com/archive/view/email-...ew-members

To test the emails, try this test: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Why would you want to reinstall...?? You'd just lose all your data for no reason.
What about the password resets? These do not seem to work at all. Where to start?
Define 'do not seem to work'... just no emails get sent?? Do other emails get sent?? Have you run the test I linked you to above...??