MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My mail was working fine from the MyBB system then it stopped ( I changed nothing guv ). I contacted my hosting company see below:-

Thanks for your query.

Please ensure that in your script, there must be a POP3 mailbox in the to or from attributes that is registered onto this account. This should then ensure that your script runs correctly.

Kind Regards,
Support Department
Streamline.Net - The home of good value web hosting
--------------------------

I run a PHP bulletin board system under the directory/htdocs/msforum

This system generates e-mails which have worked up until recently. They no longer seems to work can you see if anything has changed regarding the rights on this folder actioned while fixing some of my previous faults that would cause the e-mail system to stop working.

e-mail is working if I send directly to one of my POP mailboxes.

This is hosted on a windows server, I haven't touched any of the PHP scripts, when I send a mail to myself it says it's been sent successfully.

Any ideas?

Nax
You need to change your "Admin Email" setting to the address of an email account on your server.
Eventually I moved my board from Windows 2003 server to a linux server (my hoster allows this for free). All mail problems were resolved and it seems faster.
naxman Wrote:Eventually I moved my board from Windows 2003 server to a linux server (my hoster allows this for free). All mail problems were resolved and it seems faster.

and not only MAIL-problems were solved..... Smile
(sorry couldn't resist)
Well it's horse for courses. I like Windows because it's what I'm used to at work, haven't touched UNIX in years, this is my first forray into Linux - Fingers crossed!Toungue
linux hosting I found is beter... just because it's the first one I have tried and it's simple never had a problem. Toungue
Just following this up - my guess is that they meant the "from" address must be a valid email address set up on their hosting services?