MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 2.0 Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Hello,

1) Better SEO'ed "stock url's or eliminate the need for a major SEO plugin.

2) Make a more "professional" theme that will use social networking and looks modern.

3) Have a set # of users for a built-in chat-room, eliminating the need for a chatbox.

4) Status Updates - built-in

List will be updated.
not sure bout 1
but for 2 i know for a fact they are designing a new theme for 2.0
Why would we include a chat box in forum software?? It completely defeats the point of a forum. We're not going to write a forum, and then write a chatbox that will end up meaning the forum gets used less. Chatboxes should be plugins.
You're asking us to make a Social Networking software, it has been stated many times that we will not be doing this.
(2010-12-07, 11:17 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Why would we include a chat box in forum software?? It completely defeats the point of a forum. We're not going to write a forum, and then write a chatbox that will end up meaning the forum gets used less. Chatboxes should be plugins.
Support uses? It can be faster for a person to get help from a live chat service, thus eliminating many questions and it's more efficient.

(2010-12-07, 11:28 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You're asking us to make a Social Networking software, it has been stated many times that we will not be doing this.
As in that we can send the links to twitter, facebook, youtube, etc... to share at the button of threads.
And all forums are supports forums are they??

I struggle to see how you think a shoutbox is better for support than forums. How can you keep track of things, hundreds of different support requests?? How can you go back to things?? How can you quote?? How can you search them?? How would it lead to less questions, if people can't look back over previous discussions??

Believe me, adding a chatbox for support is not an argument that will convince us to add one. If people really want to try and offer mass support via a chatbox, they're welcome to add one themselves.

(2010-12-07, 11:29 PM)Aaron23 Wrote: [ -> ]As in that we can send the links to twitter, facebook, youtube, etc... to share at the button of threads.

And you can't do this already...?? This isn't anything to do with the theme per se anyway, that's just a feature of the software.
Quote:Believe me, adding a chatbox for support is not an argument that will convince us to add one. If people really want to try and offer mass support via a chatbox, they're welcome to add one themselves.
Okay.

Quote:And you can't do this already...?? This isn't anything to do with the theme per se anyway, that's just a feature of the software.
We can?
Then use a plugin. I do not want a chat box as it would destroy my site's bandwidth, and I'm sure lots of people on cheaper hosting plans would agree.

A new theme would be nice only if it were more efficiently implemented than the current one, however I want users on my site, not Facebook or Twitter, so if you want those buttons add them yourself with a plugin.

#1 would be nice, as well as some other little things like proper last-modified headers and other niceties.
My only suggestion is that the images aren't so boring. The images in the usercp sidebar, modcp and the icons on the 'new reply', 'www' button ect.. they're so low quality.
Fix those and use a smoother gradient in places then you got a nice look out of the box.
Back in the day I ranked second only to Yahoo for a combination of two keywords. How did I get there? Running a multi forum paid version of WWWboard. Google did not exist.

The whole purpose was to intice (SIGs) Special Interest Groups to take up residence on your website and provide HITS. Then came the chatroom, then IRC, and ICQ. Today this has distilled into FaceBook with a single underlying theme "LOOK at ME!". Now, in reality, a person can generate more attention quicker by standing on an expressway overpass threatening to jump.

Flat files give way to db servers.

The quintessential example of a forum is proboards.com given rise to by the likes of phpBB.

Aside from a holy terror for admins phpBB has remained the same. The uniqueness and managability desired brings a dozen scripts.

MyBB is where it should be. It's only challenge is not to suffer the same genetic birth defect that plagues SMF.

Failure is when you design a website around a forum.

Little did I know the combination of those two keywords would birth the SpamBot.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40