MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Colors Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I recently got a colors issue when designing a webpage. I made the design and everything using Photoshop, the colors were pretty bright and cheery... but when I sliced some images I needed and saved them for web, the colors got really opaque. This isn't the first time it happens to me, but it have never been so different from the original color.

I had to change every single color on the document to export them again for even brighter colors.. but still get opaque ones.

Anybody knows a work around or how can I prevent this from happening? I only know I'm using RGB. But maybe I have to choose an specific Color Profile or something like that.

Thanks!
Check your profile. Mine was screwed up for the longest time. What version of photoshop?
I'm using CS5, it has advanced color options that scary me Toungue I have no idea of what profile is the correct one though...
Look at the white compared to a sheet of paper. I had mine almost gold at one point thats how off they can get Toungue
Oh I see Toungue But isn't there some sort of "correct" color profile for web design?
(2010-12-09, 03:34 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I see Toungue But isn't there some sort of "correct" color profile for web design?

Not really because if people on the other end have bad color settings on their monitor it's not going to work well anyway Toungue.
Oh I meant a color profile for me to choose so I don't get different colors in Photoshop than the actual colors after I export the images.
oh pff sorry Big Grin.

I don't know for stuff like that I've always like picking swatches before getting to the design part. Try sites like adobe's kuler or http://www.colorcombos.com/. I don't know why but I've never liked working with swatches.

Edit: I still don't understand Toungue. RGB shouldn't be a problem as well it's the most commonly used for web CMYK is the other option which is better for print supposedly. But, both just handle colors in a different. RGB is how light reacts with colors mixing (all of them making white) CMYK acts like paints (all of them making black).

I can only say try using a ppi setting and exporting as png's.
He means a color space profile. PNG and IIRC JPEG store color profile info with them, but not all image viewers honor it. The base sRGB profile is a reasonable start, you might try that.
Thanks for the reply Firestryke, that's pretty much what I'm looking for.

I'll have to do some more research about PNG and JPEG compressions, because when I export the colors through Photoshop the PNG image get opaque colors; though, the JPEG gets the actual color I see in Photoshop when I'm using it. However, the PNG color matches the HEX color that Photoshop says it's using.