MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missing file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New User.

Unzipped MyBB 1.6 twice, and there doesn't seem to be the installer file in ./install/

There is
index.php
stylesheet.css
upgrade.php

What is the name of the install file, and where should it be?
Just go to yoursite.com/install, like the instructions say... Smile It just runs index.php.
Read downloaded documentation (not wiki) which gave me a clue, but threw up this error when I followed instruction
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homepages/43/d330913836/htdocs/Membersforum/inc/class_core.php on line 18
Your host doesn't have PHP 5.1.

[Wiki: Requirements] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

PHP 5 should be pretty standard these days, yours probably still has PHP 4.

Also, the path to the installer is explained on the Wiki exactly the same as it is in the Documentation...
xcellent advice, many thanks. PHP upgraded and so far so good. I did find the downloaded documentation easier to understand, more direct, but that could be the learning curve.

Should I have to re-enter my name and password on every click in AdminPanel?
No, what's your URL?? Did you change the cookie settings when you installed?? If you did change them, which you wouldn't have needed to do, you can follow these steps to fix it: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html
I found the thread you referred to, stepped through it, and it was a cookie issue in my browser - not set to allow session cookies.

Many thanks