MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will modifications install on any theme or template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will modifications install on any theme or template? That is one thing that drove me away last time I tried mybb. The mods, themes and templates do not work well together. You have to re install a mod for every theme, and if that mod requires a link, then it is extremely hard to get it to show up. Just my thoughts…
I've never had any real problems unless templates are WAY out there. Follow this simple procedure:
Install your new theme
Deactivate and Reactivate all plugins.
Now they work with the new theme.

If that fails, then it is a poorly written theme, a poorly written plugin, both, or simply a theme that is too different from the standard for the preg_replace() for the template modifications can't find the spot its supposed to modify.
the pluging use a function called searh and replace templates so you activate them and as long as the code in the templates are default it will replace in all templates themes, if you add a theme after a plugin just deactivate and reactivate and shout make the required changes. its simple to add links and it is down to the mod author if they automatically add the link or not, not mybb