MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Someone just ripped my theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone just ripped the theme I designed for my forum www.RuneGear.net. This is the first time that it's happened to me, what should I do?

Blackdust.net ripped it.
DMCA. Providing you have proof you created it.
(2010-12-09, 01:16 AM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]DMCA. Providing you have proof you created it.

How would I go about providing proof I created it?
Quote:Black Dust is under construction once again do to some issues. We will be right back shortly don't worry. We are going to make a custom theme from scratch so we will not have any issues with Copyright Infringement and etc. Sorry for this delay. - Ambiance
(2010-12-09, 01:21 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-09, 01:16 AM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]DMCA. Providing you have proof you created it.

How would I go about providing proof I created it?

Original psd images etc...
I contacted the owner and got it removed.
That was fast...usually people would say they won't remove it...or won't respond...weird!
(2010-12-09, 08:35 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]That was fast...usually people would say they won't remove it...or won't respond...weird!

That's not my experience. Most people have hosts that will respect a DMCA notice and most webmasters don't want their host to take them down.
Closed on request.