MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upper and Lower Text is black all of the sudden!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something has gone wrong in my global.css file. For some reason the text welcomes users ("welcome back etc...") and the footer text with the copyright notes turned black on me. I've searched the css for hours and can't find the issue.

http://www.wigitalk.com/forums/index.php

Any ideas?

Find this:

.wrapper {
color: #000000;
}

Then change the color to something else, clear your cache if you need to, and see if that works. Smile There'll be some other stuff in there too, but I just put what you need to change. (I'm 99.9% sure that's what you need to change anyways Toungue)
(2010-12-09, 03:01 AM)BrickMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Find this:

.wrapper {
color: #000000;
}

Then change the color to something else, clear your cache if you need to, and see if that works. Smile There'll be some other stuff in there too, but I just put what you need to change. (I'm 99.9% sure that's what you need to change anyways Toungue)

Yes you were right. Guess I messed it up somehow while editing. Thanks!

Btw, I'm also trying to add a shadow to my forum's table, just like you can see here on this forum. Any chance you know how to do that too?

No problem. Big Grin For the drop-shadow, add this to your container's CSS. It should work for all browsers. You'll need to edit the values some though. I'll see if I can find the orders for you real quick.

-moz-box-shadow: 3px 3px 4px #000;
-webkit-box-shadow: 3px 3px 4px #000;
box-shadow: 3px 3px 4px #000;
/* For IE 8 */
-ms-filter: "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(Strength=4, Direction=135, Color='#000000')";
/* For IE 5.5 - 7 */
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(Strength=4, Direction=135, Color='#000000');

Grabbed it from here for anyone who's interested: http://robertnyman.com/2010/03/16/drop-s...-browsers/
Wow that actually works, good job, but it adds a shadow only to the right side of the forum and not all around like here - on the mybb community forum.
You'll need to edit the values some. Wink

For the first three, I believe changing the first "3px" to "0px" should center it. For the IE ones I honestly don't remember. I had it set up and all but accidentally deleted the theme that had it. Blush I'll see if I can find it though.
Yeah I did a little but it still doesn't look as good as it looks here. Anyway, final question:

How can I re-size the similes box the opens up when you click "get more"?
Found the order of the first three. This is for text shadows, but I believe they follow the same orders. Still looking for the IE one. :/

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/css/...hadow.html Wrote:The first length value sets the horizontal distance to the right or left that the shadow effect will extend. A positive value extends to the right. A negative value extends to the left. A value of zero dictates no horizontal shadow effect.

The second length value sets the vertical distance above or below that the shadow effect will extend. A positive value extends above. A negative value extends below. A value of zero dictates no vertical shadow effect.

The optional third length value sets the radius of the distance that a blur effect will extend around the associated text. If you only want a blur effect, set both the first and second length to zero.

So just change the last one to like 20px or something until you get the effect you want. Smile

I'll have to look later to find the smilie pop-up box. It's probably somewhere in the templates section.