MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb custom profile fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried to merge my existing phpbb forum to mybb on localhost..

everything was merged with no error..But many of the custom profile fields which i had created in phpbb didn't came up in mybb..but the merge is successful..
am i lacking something or it really skipped the fields..
(2010-12-09, 05:47 AM)tiyakap Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried to merge my existing phpbb forum to mybb on localhost..

everything was merged with no error..But many of the custom profile fields which i had created in phpbb didn't came up in mybb..but the merge is successful..
am i lacking something or it really skipped the fields..

Of course custom things aren't going to be detected and imported. You will have to create those custom fields again using the MyBB Admin CP and allow your users to fill them in again.
Dylan, could converting Custom Profile Fields be something that could be considered for the future?
(2010-12-11, 02:32 AM)-AW- Wrote: [ -> ]Dylan, could converting Custom Profile Fields be something that could be considered for the future?

It could be, however It'll have to be requested when I start the requests thread after I get all the existing code stable and as bug free as to be essentially 100%. I know that Avatars will be one of the requested features as well.
well is there any other way of importing the custom fields in the custom fields created in admin CP of mybb..

i.e; means i have imported the list of users ..can i import the custom with in related column in the database..
I have the same problem, after begging them to actually fill in the custom fields I really want them ported into myBB Smile So I just looked and it should be almost no brainer to import them.. a bit of trickery with excel, exporting the original users list, comparing it to the merged list if their usrID changed grab the columns you need and go for it.. and import into userfields - obviously creating your custom fields in mybb first Smile

(2012-01-09, 04:01 AM)wkdwich Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem, after begging them to actually fill in the custom fields I really want them ported into myBB Smile So I just looked and it should be almost no brainer to import them.. a bit of trickery with excel, exporting the original users list, comparing it to the merged list if their usrID changed grab the columns you need and go for it.. and import into userfields - obviously creating your custom fields in mybb first Smile

As long as you take the time to learn how custom userfields in MyBB work.
Looking again now at this..

So the mybb_userfields
shows:
ufid <-- this would be the user ID
fid1 <--custom LOCATION
fid2 <--custom BIO
fid4 <--custom OCCUPATION
(i guess I had a 3rd one in there I removed??)

I just need to create:
INSERT INTO `mybb_userfields` (`ufid`, `fid1`) VALUES
(2, 'NY & VA'),
(6, 'texas'),
(2084, 'London, UK'),
(7428, 'Somewhere over the rainbow'),
(8837, 'Florida'),
(7117, 'Tennessee');

is that correct? I didnt have the other 2 fields before.. so I dont need to import those..
Done deal.. just under 2 hours.. all imported Smile