MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warm and cheerful forum theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are lots of forum themes/skins. Most of them go a cool blue look a slick black look, etc. I can't recall the last time I saw a forum skin that's warm and cheerful. Maybe this is because it's harder to design with those colors.

Anyway, if you know of some examples of warm and cheery themes/skins, could you post examples. It doesn't even have to be MyBB.
You can select yourself: http://mods.mybb.com/themes
You can also get one custom designed to your exact specs.
Thanks for the info. I guess I should clarify. I am trying to get ideas from others as to what they see as warm and cheerful themes. I have my own ideas. I want to understand the ideas of others.

For example, when I look in the themes section here I see lots good themes to pick from. Some have warm colors, but they also include a lot of gray. Gray is not a cheerful color, and the result is a designer look, not a cheerful look. Not that this is wrong. They look good. But in a designer way, not a cheerful way.

Anyway, no big deal. I was just curious what others thought. Because I find myself relying on putting a graphic on the theme to make it cheerful. I tried one just using fiesta type colors, and my friends said it's the worst I made.
Some kind of reddish-orange, sky blue, pastel yellow, and some kind of flora-type green. Think summer.
I agree about the colors. I agree about the feel. Can you point to an example of someone doing this on a forum?

And btw, since my first attempt I've had successes. But I used photographs in the banner area to carry part of the mood, and colors in the forum area to support it. And so now I'm wondering how others have done this.
Usually don't like apart themes but this one looks cheerful

http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/18...0Forum.png
(2010-12-09, 08:59 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]Can you point to an example of someone doing this on a forum?

Me? No I just kind of think of colors that might look good together if done right. I usually then think of some neat style I'd like to try, then fit the two together in a concept document Photoshop before making the final forum theme. It's how I did Vulpine and really every theme after the first two or so.

I'd probably first try something along the lines of having the thead be orange, trow1 be the pastel yellow, trow2 be the sky blue (I might be getting those backwards) and I don't know how I'd get the green in there, but it would be in some way that reminds me of grass.
(2010-12-09, 11:27 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd probably first try something along the lines of having the thead be orange, trow1 be the pastel yellow, trow2 be the sky blue (I might be getting those backwards) and I don't know how I'd get the green in there, but it would be in some way that reminds me of grass.
Interesting idea. I never do trow1 and 2 different colors. But I can see your idea using those colors could give a carefree summer day feel.

I don't have many examples because most people are super lazy and just keep the cool blue look. This is pretty close: http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/

Although I would agree that the hue of the brown is kind of depressing. I would want some light oranges, and some yellows. Again, those colors are hard to design in, but black gets old.