MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The how to make MyBB more popular thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In this thread lets discuss ways to make myBB more popular in the world of forum software.

One Idea I have is that all the boards that are powered my myBB put an announcement in their forum that tells people why to use myBB instead of phpBB and SMF. They could at least give the link to the myBB website.
(2010-12-09, 01:45 PM)adminofsmf Wrote: [ -> ]One Idea I have is that all the boards that are powered my myBB put an announcement in their forum that tells people why to use myBB instead of phpBB and SMF. They could at least give the link to the myBB website.

This: http://www.mybb.com/features
Thats a great Idea. They should link to the feature list.
* Alex Smith thinks MyBB will just grow with time.

I mean older projects are kind of starting to fall apart it seems like(maybe it's just me Toungue). But, phpbb is living in the past(or it feels like they are). SMF seems to be going no where with 2.0.

Heck even vB is getting ripped on all the time now.

With this MyBB grows(and we have seen a large burst of users since 1.6 (or at least I feel there has been)).
Yes, A lot more people are using mybb now.
PHPBB is improving, they are implemining a hook system last i heard.
Finally, mybb hasone of the best hook systems. Or so I hear...
(2010-12-09, 06:13 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]PHPBB is improving, they are implemining a hook system last i heard.

FYI, phpBB already included hook system in there core files.

(2010-12-09, 06:37 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-09, 06:13 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]PHPBB is improving, they are implemining a hook system last i heard.

FYI, phpBB already included hook system in there core files.

That was the last i heard :p