MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using my header file in header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to use my existing header file, witihn the mybb header, but when i add
<?PHP include("footer.php") ?>
in the header template it doesnt work.

Any ideas why?
because template cant take php?? you will probably have to add it to the pages themselve, not the template.
ah ok,

So does that mean i have to edit like 20 files to add header and footer to them all?

If so where abouts in say index.php would i add the include?
Ummm, I think so, yes. Although some dont need editing.

Edit: Hmm, I had a look, what exactly are you trying to add?? Got a screenshot I could see?? (there are other ways around it I think)
im try to add this as a header and this as a footer.

I did add the code from those two files manually into the header and footer templates, but when i chnaged my header.php and footer.php, i also had to change the forum header and footer templates.
ok, yup, there is a way, iframes in the templates whould do the trick

know how to do them?? (if not, pm your admin login details and Ill set it up on the index as an example for you.)
yea i think so
<iframe src="../header.php" border=0">
Something like that?
but are iframes supported in all browser properally?
well, if you set the width to 100% and hieth to what you need:

<iframe src="../header.php" border="0" width="100%" height="number here">

it should work. If not, pm your admin login details and Ill try to set it up on the index as an example for you if you like. (I can be trusted, helped other before).
ok cheers.

Well it'll be easier if you join my forum and i make you an admin Smile

Killer Carrot Forum
k, joining now

Done, make me an admin please

Also, Ill need you to post header and footer here so I can see the code properly and so I can test a few things
Pages: 1 2