MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lock User v 0.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This plugin is pretty redundant with default features of MyBB. If you don't want a user accessing your community, ban him or her. I don't understand why one should rely on a plugin to do the job of default functionality.

To me it's just another thing that could break or open security holes and update.
Guys be a little bit nicer to Yaldaram, OK? I requested this plugin so if anyone is mad or has hurtful things to say, say 'em to me. This isn't exactly what I was thinking but it still works.

Thanks Yaldaram Smile
(2010-12-20, 11:51 PM)DannysForum Wrote: [ -> ]Guys be a little bit nicer to Yaldaram, OK? I requested this plugin so if anyone is mad or has hurtful things to say, say 'em to me. This isn't exactly what I was thinking but it still works.

Thanks Yaldaram Smile

Ok, your idea is bad for many reasons given above.
(2010-12-20, 11:51 PM)DannysForum Wrote: [ -> ]Guys be a little bit nicer to Yaldaram, OK? I requested this plugin so if anyone is mad or has hurtful things to say, say 'em to me. This isn't exactly what I was thinking but it still works.

Thanks Yaldaram Smile

Thanks for clarifying it here Dannys Smile

(2010-12-20, 11:12 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin is pretty redundant with default features of MyBB. If you don't want a user accessing your community, ban him or her. I don't understand why one should rely on a plugin to do the job of default functionality.

To me it's just another thing that could break or open security holes and update.

Yes, its correct. But let me allow to say that it "can't" open any security holes either.
(2010-12-21, 02:39 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]But let me allow to say that it "can't" open any security holes either.

Sorry; I did not mean to insinuate anything regarding security or your coding skills. Just expressing my feelings on the matter of general expansion and blind extension.
Personally I don't like the idea of that plugin because of already available function in MyBB (like banning or removing Privileges etc.) But due to the request of "Locking the user but not the actual ban", I came up with this.

This can also be substituted by duplicating the Ban user group, and renaming it as 'locked'..

Regardless thank you for your contribution..
(2010-12-24, 10:47 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I don't like the idea of that plugin because of already available function in MyBB (like banning or removing Privileges etc.) But due to the request of "Locking the user but not the actual ban", I came up with this.

Pages: 1 2