MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lock User v 0.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, let me try to explain it. This plugin which is in your hands will Deny the access of only those "selected" Users (whose IDs are entered in the settings of this plugin) from Accessing your forums. This means you don't have to "Ban" them, simply enter there User IDs and deny their access rather to "actually" ban from the forums completely.

Preview:
[attachment=20713]

Grab:
[attachment=20870]

Installation:
+ Simply grab the plugin, extract it into the "Root" of your forum and Activate via Admin Control Panel -> Configurations -> Plugin Manager.
+ You'll get a Setting Group "Lock Users".
+ Edit settings. Wink
I didn't get it... care to elaborate ?? :s
There's a problem with this one. I had it enabled with no users locked, and guests were complaining of being locked out. So I had to disable it altogether. Just something you might want to look into. Smile
(2010-12-20, 08:12 AM)digital.medics Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't get it... care to elaborate ?? :s

With this plugin you have to add a "User's ID" in the settings, the User belongs to that ID will be locked from access to your forums.

This is useful if you don't want to "ban" that user.

(2010-12-20, 08:13 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]There's a problem with this one. I had it enabled with no users locked, and guests were complaining of being locked out. So I had to disable it altogether. Just something you might want to look into. Smile

No, it just search any "registered" UserID. Nothing issue with the "guests" as they don't have an assigned "User ID".

Anyway, I've updated the first post so it will "suppress" that issue as well. Now guests access should be OK.
What's the difference between this and a ban?

Couldn't you just move them to a usergroup that has no permissions?
(2010-12-20, 01:58 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't you just move them to a usergroup that has no permissions?

Either method is correct.
But I can just change the banned group permissions, and remove the banned notice.
This appears to be utterly useless.
Then don't use it, simple as that Wink
(2010-12-20, 02:43 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Then don't use it, simple as that Wink

Fair enough, but does that exempt people from criticizing your evidently ill-thought out plugin?
(2010-12-20, 03:02 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough, but does that exempt people from criticizing your evidently ill-thought out plugin?

I didn't said that :s If any one has nothing useful / liking in it, then don't want to download it Wink
Pages: 1 2