MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin and mod advice for newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I first posted my query about moving from Phpbb3 here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-83824.html

Before I move my 500+ posts I want to see if I can make my forum seo friendly.

I have downloaded Google seo plugin and uploaded folder to /inc/ but am unsure what to do next. The install and readme files say

3. Installation instructions

Upload the inc folder to your MyBB installation. It contains the plugin
and language files. For languages other than English you will also have
to upload the language files to your own language dir.

If you are a new user, you can then install and activate the plugin
in your Admin CP.

I cant see plugin in user cp and am unsure what to do next
Admin CP >> Configuration >> Plugins
Took a lot of effort but mod now reports as ok. Unfortunely although I can access all admin areas when I go to "view forum" I am getting the following message.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function my_ip2long() in advice/inc/class_session.php on line 190

Message is the same even if I deactivate plugin.
Also I am not sure about .htaccess I placed one in my forum "advice" part of above url I hope that is correct
You probably used the 1.4 functions.php with MyBB 1.6.

There's a 1.6 functions.php here in the first post http://community.mybb.com/thread-46423.html
Cheers for taking time to reply. Good news is I xcan now access home page.
Bad news: When I clcik on "My Forum" (default category) I get following:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Panic over, nice shily MYBB forum. thx very much to everyone patient enough and kind enough to help out!

OOps one last question
SEO mod is installed do I need to do any other SEO stuff such as forum meta tags and headers etc?
Google SEO only does meta descriptions for threads and forums so you'll need to add your own meta tags to the index and portal templates.
cheers for that. Hope site performs better than PHPBB3

OOps! Another last question: When I migrate posts and members using MYBB software from PHPBB3 does it erase info from old forum? Need to know this in case I mess up bad I still have old messages intact to have another go
It shouldn't erase anything, however be sure to make a complete backup anyway.