MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP! Fatal Error: db_mysqli.php on line 557
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Earlier today, I was upgrading from version 1.4.14 to 1.6. I had some troubles, and some of you were kind enough to help me out. I was able to get everything fixed. Unfortunately, I had a mishap later on, so I had to start the whole process over again. So, now I'm having a fatal error code when I go to my domain to upgrade with /install/upgrade.php:

Quote:Fatal error: [SQL] [0]
[READ] Unable to select database in /home/body911/public_html/locker/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 557

I did find one post in here from long ago with the same issue; however, the gentleman had many other issues as well. Matt R. told him that his files were corrupted and to download the upgrade files again. I took this a step further and started from scratch. I deleted all my old ftp files for that folder and uploaded a copy that I know was good from yesterday (as this was part of my mishap... was transferring files but into the wrong folder which happened to be my mybb folder). Then I downloaded all the new 1.6 version files and changed my CHMOD as directed. So, it should be ready to go... right? But, I get the above message. I've worked with my hosting company to try to resolve this issue, but they are clueless. What should I do from this point on? I'd appreciate your help. Thanks. Sad
Thank you! Smile