MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bridging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to completely bridge drupal with mybb? (I'm asking for a friend, i have no interest in drupal).

Thank You. Smile
  • Yes.

Yes, there is a way:
If you have moderate PHP skills, then the registration, password updates*, etc., are not too hard.
(i.e.)
1) To start:
Create a simple MyBB plugin for dual-registration aimed at your Drupal site (some more details are below)
2a) Even the Single-Sign-On (SSO), can be hacked together in more than one way.
  • Note: The Drupal reg. & login functions are fairly easy to find by searching their forums.
  • On a test site, I used the Drupal login functions for SSO;
    For registration it was easy to insert a new record into the Drupal db from a MYBB test plugin (Exclamation be careful to get the Drupal password hash right*, it is not the same as MyBB's)

2b) Helpful 'Semi-Advanced' Note:
Drupal's bootstrap include:
//require the bootstrap include
require_once './path_to_droopy/includes/bootstrap.inc';

Drupal's bootstrap include 'plays' really nice with MyBB global, (i.e.), you can use the above include in the same .php page as this code

define('IN_MYBB', 1);
require_once './global.php';

if($mybb->user['uid']) {

} else {	
 	  error_no_permission();
} 

^^^
  • That is awesome, most others scripts would have fatal errors, when you try to 'integrate' that way.

*FYI: Password sync and updates are not needed if you set up MyBB as the Master and carefully plan all logins through MyBB --> then use the Drupal SSO to access your CMS.

3) The hardest part:
Too many little details which don't even require much coding skill.
I could spend 30 minutes telling you about those, but I don't type very fast, so you (or your friend) can enjoy discovering #3 on your own. Toungue

4) FYI: "Completely bridge" can be defined more than one way:
Are you expecting a perfect integration where Drupal's nodes use a MyBB thread for the comments, or something a bit easier?

5) More FYI:
(((Off-Topic)))
Maybe your friend will like ocPortal, much easier to work with, and the complete MyBB bridge is part of the installation.**
50 reasons why ocPortal is different from other CMSs

Have fun :o)

**MyBB 1.4 works great w/ ocPortal, I need to test 1.6 soon.
p.s. ocPortal's default theme could be better, but it has TONS of features and the coding standards are really impressive!