MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reviewmarama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Why not do http://mybbrunway.com? We are growing rapidly and have lots to offer.
@Bob Jansen: Your forum has been added to the list.
Totally off topic, But i love the background on your blog.

I don't have a site to review so this post was usless.
Save it and use it I don't mind.
Go on then, my forum isn't really that active but I'll take a review anyway; http://nerochat.net/
(2010-12-14, 03:42 AM)flav1us Wrote: [ -> ]Save it and use it I don't mind.

I will Smile
Hey flav1us, thanks for the review!

I'm happy to see it was mostly positive. I'd like to address a few of your comments.

Quote:Organisation wise, you’ve got various fashion types and organisation under them, but how about organisation under various types of clothing.

I think a lot of forums fall victim into "over-categorization" and it's something that prevents discussion from growing organically. Style is not about individual pieces but about the cohesion among the pieces. There are topics devoted to specific types of items (there is a Shoes and Boots thread, for example) and I think something like that is specific enough. It's a style discussion board, not an encyclopedia of fashion items.

Quote: Sure, I’m not a fan of the logged in background and it has some small downsides from a designer’s point of view,

Could you elaborate please?

Quote:The only thing to improve this I would say is to play around with the templates and really design the forum to make it less MyBB looking and more of what you want it to look like. The design of the banner area and the top bar stands out, while the generic forum design pulls the appeal back down. It’s not a must, but would definitely help a little.

Elaborate here as well; I'd love to know what you think I could do to improve!

Thanks again!
Not rushing, just enquiring. When will the one I requested yesterday be completed?
You can go ahead and review mine, doesn't have a lot of members though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4