MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 computers in 24 hours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Broken.

My desktop's heatsink got whacked. Chip overheated, no longer starts. That was yesterday.

My netbook hasn't always been posting, so I figure a bios update is in order. After doing so, all I get is a bsod on the boot screen. System recovery won't find anything. I'm thinking it's some sort of chipset driver?

Oh, and I accidentally bought an ultra scsi hard drive for the server... again. Now I need to buy a converter. And some ram.

Plus, I dropped my 3GS, and the mute switch is whacked.

Oh, and as if that's not enough, someone was spamming from my server, so my vps provider shut me down, and wants 85 to get back on line. One of partners is paying.

I hate my life :/
Damn, dude. Sounds like you got a lot on your plate. :/
LOL

Sounds like great fun. My computer BSOD'd a few days ago, thanks to AVG accidentally the whole system, so I had to burn a recovery disk. FIXED EVERYTHING.

If it makes you feel better I got a detention for tomorrow at lunch for trolling irl. Stupid classmates.
Zack, this may be useful to you. Ghost your computer daily. Host everything server side.
Well, I rolled back to the original firmware, so the netbook is working.

I'm probably going to get a new board for a self-christmas present.

I'm negotating with my datacenter, and I am going to the genius bar soon.

And I am definately going to consider that.
Who is your vps provider?
Tough Luck Man.

As for the 3GS you might be able to get it fixed depending on a few things. How old is it? Do you have extended warranty? Pretty much take it to Apple and see if they can do anything for you.
(2010-12-10, 10:00 PM)MattG Wrote: [ -> ]Who is your vps provider?
x10VPS
(2010-12-10, 10:07 PM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]Tough Luck Man.

As for the 3GS you might be able to get it fixed depending on a few things. How old is it? Do you have extended warranty? Pretty much take it to Apple and see if they can do anything for you.
I got it this August, and my dad got the 2 year AppleCare Protection Plan. I think I'm good Wink
Ahh that's good. They'll probably replace it on the spot if your not willing to part with it. Smile
damn! that's a pretty bad 24 hours.