MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Well, this sucks.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-12-11, 08:11 AM)Kieran D. Wrote: [ -> ]IMO this is why it's better to go for bigger hosting companies like godaddy who have their own dcs. Regardless though good luck on getting donations.

Well I don't know about that. I was actually hosted by a sixteen year old once but the dude was so knowledgeable and professional I never noticed. His company was registered as an LLC and everything. I definitely don't get that feeling from Zack. This much downtime is totally unacceptable as a host, I feel most his clients will -- and should -- leave over this.
(2010-12-11, 05:58 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-11, 08:11 AM)Kieran D. Wrote: [ -> ]IMO this is why it's better to go for bigger hosting companies like godaddy who have their own dcs. Regardless though good luck on getting donations.

Well I don't know about that. I was actually hosted by a sixteen year old once but the dude was so knowledgeable and professional I never noticed. His company was registered as an LLC and everything. I definitely don't get that feeling from Zack. This much downtime is totally unacceptable as a host, I feel most his clients will -- and should -- leave over this.

We still haven't officially opened, and had like 5 clients. I know them personally, and explained to them what's going on. They completely understand.

After we move to our own DC, everything should be better.
Where are most of your customers from? or your target customers.
Different regions, really can't pin down.
I need a theme, could you please contact me with your base prices so we can work off that?
Special thanks to The Elite. His theme is coming out great!

If anyone donates more then $20 I'll give you a nice hosting package as soon as we are back online.
Donations anyone? I'm working twoards a goal of $48 now.
This is not true at all. Usually smaller hosting companies are much much better than the large ones such as HostGator and GoDaddy. Their is a fundamental difference in small hosting companies that are unprofessional and small hosting companies that are professional. Take BussinessTransit for example (ran TFF and Cactus Internet in the past) they are a small company but have a good amount of staff working around the clock and always available. They are very kind and knowledgeable and have far better prices and plans compared to bigger companies.

Smaller companies are usually better because they have to offer better services in order to compete with the market, thus their quality must be better. The bigger a company grows the more their quality declines. It is very hard for a company to balance quantity and quality in equilibrium when growing and developing fast in order to stay in and with the market.

(2010-12-18, 07:37 PM)Zack Magee Wrote: [ -> ]Donations anyone? I'm working twoards a goal of $48 now.

wow.

dude just give it up :\ asking for donations to get your clients online is just too ridiculous
Pages: 1 2 3