MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost password function- activation code lifetime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I have a reason to believe there's a lifetime attached to the activation-code sent by the LOST PASSWORD -function. Ie if the person that used the function doesn't use the activation-link on the email within given timeframe, it will expire. This has caused some irritation amongst my users and I would like to know how to change it.

What is the file I need to edit and how....I would probably like 24h lifetime for the link.

cheers,
Kimmo
i dont think it expiresConfused
the reason I have to believe it that I have a worrying number of people coming to me saying their activation-code not working....but I can't replicate the problem since I never got that problem.

Now having thought about this a little more, could this be linked I had previously with imported users having no email and the system tried to send them all their password....the mails were created and probably all other steps were followed but in the end the mailserver threw it's toys out of the cot when it found out there's no email-addresses to send to...
Reason I am thinkin this, is because there's also almost 8,000 records in the mybb_awaitingactivation -table and even if I do have a community of 20,000+ members, I can't believe that many would've used the function...

So is it safe for me to just empty this table and have the people that REALLY lost their passwords just click on the lostpassword -link again?

cheers,
Kimmo