MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "IP Manager"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
there needs to be a page in the admincp that keeps a running numerically-listed log of all IP addresses that have registered on the forum. this way with one click of a button, you could see every IP listed and who is registered with these. this capability is a must if you want to be able to "sanely, properly, and effectively" monitor for multiple registrations and trolling.

example of what it would actually look like:
Quote:IP MANAGER

12.234.45.567: User X
13.215.256.2: User T
16.264.347.83: User A, User W, User Q (MULTIPLE REGISTRATIONS!!!)
21.893.4.364: User B
30.35.5.253: User P
33.35.634.66: User N, User L (MULTIPLE REGISTRATIONS!!!)

so, it would be basically a "log" that starts with the numerically "lowest" IP address and progresses to the numberically "highest" IP address.

i know i have multiple registrations right now, but the management is so tedious with the current system that i am doing nothing about it.

* a search function would be a must to. search "for multiple registrations"
I think this would be a nice addition.
Do you know how much load your forum gets with this thingy ?
(2010-12-12, 03:04 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know how much load your forum gets with this thingy ?

i don't understand. an IP search is not something one would be doing thousands of times per day. maybe once weekly? could the load of generating a list of IP's be any different than generating a list like the Member's List? plus it wouldn't need graphics and avatars and stuff.

simply usernames and IPs
It already has the IPs, it just needs to put them in a central place. I don't think it'd take much load.
(2010-12-12, 09:00 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: [ -> ]It already has the IPs, it just needs to put them in a central place. I don't think it'd take much load.

ditto. Undecided
It would generate a lot of load on your forum. Remember this. This is why I'm not sure if it would help your forum. Because the query searches each user's IP from the db and shows in the stats listings.

Its my advice though, however it is very easy for me to build a plugin for you. I'll make this in couple of hours, try to wait some time please. I'll come back with a plugin Wink
Yaldaram, why not just make the task only run once a week.
(2010-12-13, 06:19 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Yaldaram, why not just make the task only run once a week.

* Yaldaram bot doesn't understand that post.
(2010-12-13, 06:39 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-13, 06:19 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Yaldaram, why not just make the task only run once a week.

* Yaldaram bot doesn't understand that post.

The load it creates instead of constantly finding the users IPs, just set a task in the plugin to only find them once a week.
Pages: 1 2