MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wait, what?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm putting the final touches on my Vulpine theme, and I figure it would be a good idea to test it in other browsers as I'm using some tricks I don't normally use.

Firefox 4b7: Perfect
IE8: Almost perfect (text-shadow and box-shadow are obviously missing)
Opera, Safari, and I'm guessing IE7: OMFG FLOATING ELEMENTS PANIC!

Seriously? IE can get it but you two can't? If it's any consolation to you two IE kind of does the same thing in Compatibility View.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong as there's no way IE can be right but Opera isn't. I know it's that wacko footer thing I'm trying, I just don't know why or how to fix it.

Web development drives me nuts.

Edit: I figured out what my problem was: Negative margins. Now to figure out how to fix it.
Edit 2: The Last Word: Yay it's fixed. Not thrilled about the ugly hack it took to do it, but nobody will see anything but the beautiful footer in all it's beauty. Now if you will excuse me I need to go punch a baby.
I know, i was doing a wordpress theme, and it looks better in IE then anything/
I'd much rather just exterminate all browsers except for one imo. It would be such a weight lift of your shoulders when your making a skin.
That's why I always develop with superpreview running Toungue It's really the only Microsoft expression tooli care for (unlike Expression Web).
If it works in Firefox, nothing else matters.

Most of my older themes I forgot to check cross-browser compatibility Shy I still work on the "don't fix it until it's broken" logic sometimes Toungue
Quote:Seriously? IE can get it but you two can't? If it's any consolation to you two IE kind of does the same thing in Compatibility View.

if it's working in IE but not in Safari and Opera -- two really good browsers -- it's pretty unfair to blame those browsers
(2010-12-12, 04:17 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Seriously? IE can get it but you two can't? If it's any consolation to you two IE kind of does the same thing in Compatibility View.

if it's working in IE but not in Safari and Opera -- two really good browsers -- it's pretty unfair to blame those browsers

Explain why it works for a beta version of firefox?
Normally I wouldn't care, but since I plan on selling it I want it to be perfect. I'll need to remember to try and avoid negative margins where possible on future themes.

Is Chrome all that different from Safari or am I going to have to install it too? Also, what about Konqueror/Safari? I don't want to install 6 browsers if I can get away with 4.
It's probably worth installing Chrome but they tend to render pretty much the same. However, more people use Chrome than Safari so ...
Chrome and Safari are both based of webkit and render the same I believe. The only major difference you will run into between them both is if you start using Java if I remember.