MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: This user has been denied support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Nice feature, first time I've seen it Big Grin it's great to help people notice a user isn't allowed support Toungue

Eg: http://community.mybb.com/thread-83798.html
Always worked like this ever since MySupport was installed I think. Toungue
wow.... it was me
Personally I don't feel it should be visible to public. There is no need since the message is aimed toward the official team anyways. And it's part of replies. So if I try to help someone with a reply my post will have the message since I'm denied official support. I think it possibly makes it look like the support I offer is invalid. That's my take on it.

I can fully see where you're coming from on that, however if people who are denied support don't have this in their posts, they can just post in someone else's thread and get past it. People denied support can't make new threads but we don't stop them posting in other people's, so that they are able to still offer support if they so choose, however if they post in a thread by somebody else on the same issue as theirs, and somebody not on staff sees it before we do, then they'll get their support anyway, defeating the point of denying them. With the way it is now, the general community can see they're denied support, and will hopefully not offer them support. The next version of MySupport will make the message shorter though so it's still visible but not so invasively, if you get what I mean.
I think it is a good idea for people who want to give support, because i do not always want to check someones website to see if they are able to get support.
i may be been denied support but i learned my way around, this allows me to help other users made my first plugin and it was a success.
(2010-12-11, 11:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]With the way it is now, the general community can see they're denied support, and will hopefully not offer them support.

We understand that the Support Team doesn't offer support to people with questionable content on their forum, but you hoping and trying to 'force' the general community not to offer them support is somewhat harsh. If you mean that you hope they don't offer them support in any way (PMs, MSN, etc) then my opinion still stands, but if you meant that they don't offer the support by replying to their thread, then I understand completely.
(2010-12-12, 01:05 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-11, 11:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]With the way it is now, the general community can see they're denied support, and will hopefully not offer them support.

We understand that the Support Team doesn't offer support to people with questionable content on their forum, but you hoping and trying to 'force' the general community not to offer them support is somewhat harsh. If you mean that you hope they don't offer them support in any way (PMs, MSN, etc) then my opinion still stands, but if you meant that they don't offer the support by replying to their thread, then I understand completely.
Do check this from their point of view...

This is the same as me going over to Paradox' Forum and asking for help with Europa Universalis III or any other of their products without having bought it.....
You know what they'll say ?
Show us you don't have questionable legality in this product and you'll get access to a support section, if not all such things are not discussable or someone will direct you to a thread in such forum you do not have access with.

I'm not suggesting such a system could be used ( does make sense actually ) but to show the general approach of it.
(2010-12-12, 01:23 AM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-12, 01:05 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]

Do check this from their point of view...

This is the same as me going over to Paradox' Forum and asking for help with Europa Universalis III or any other of their products without having bought it.....
You know what they'll say ?
Show us you don't have questionable legality in this product and you'll get access to a support section, if not all such things are not discussable or someone will direct you to a thread in such forum you do not have access with.

I'm not suggesting such a system could be used ( does make sense actually ) but to show the general approach of it.

I never stated that it's wrong they don't get support, but if a user wants to offer support, the MyBB Support Team shouldn't be encouraging them to not offer support, they should just state what they believe and enforce their "No Support" policy themselves. It is of a user's discretion whether they offer support or not, I don't think they should be pushed into the no direction.
Pages: 1 2 3 4