MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with my RAID cards.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

As I said in a previous thread, I got server to play with. =) It has 4 hard drives with 2 RAID cards, to 2 drives connected to each RAID card. The issue I am having is, as far as I can tell, the RAID card does not work with Windows Server 2008, as when RAID is active after install, I am unable to boot the OS (gets stuck in infinite boot loop), so I have come to the conclusion it is not compatible with Windows Server 2008 (Server originally has 2003). Upon checking the 3WARE website (the cards are 3WARE Esclade 8006), I found a driver listed in the binary category, that says it supports Windows Vista, 7, 2008 etc (unless I am reading the readme wrong) but the zip file contains a executable (which runs a command line), a nroff file, and a HTML file which is the readme, that confuses me. Could someone take a look and see if they understand it? I hope this all makes sense Toungue

You can download the driver from http://www.lsi.com/DistributionSystem/Us...sset=55135

Thanks.
If I had to guess, I would say activating the RAID after installing Windows is what's confusing it. Windows is like a blind guy and activating the RAID cards is like reshuffling the furniture in his home. It's not a problem for you, but Windows doesn't see the changes. If you can, try activating the RAID, then install Windows.

Unless of course you have a completely separate system hard drive where the OS is installed, in which case I have no idea what's up...
Sorry, should have been more clear. Toungue I have RAID set to Mirror the drives before install, and install the OS onto one of the mirrored drives, then when i boot, it doesn't work.
I assume windows server will boot without the RAID cards?
Did you try these drivers??

ftp://tsupport:[email protected]/pr...rivers.zip

You'll need to put them on a diskette and load them on installation
I already have that driver, and I use it on the install, and it works fine. I'm pretty sure it works for the install since the installer hasn't change since like 2003 or earlier. But Windows Server 2008 has changed. I need help using the drivers in the OP, not the ones on install.
(2010-12-12, 04:26 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]If I had to guess, I would say activating the RAID after installing Windows is what's confusing it. Windows is like a blind guy and activating the RAID cards is like reshuffling the furniture in his home.

Yes, certainly. I have also a hard time installing the Windows. On the RAID cards, I am not pretty sure how is it going to work because I couldn’t activate it.