MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently upgraded MyBB 1.4.11 to MyBB 1.6.0.

I try to edit a user profile and receive the following error message:

1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'

I've followed the steps in this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-75028.html.

The upgrading process went well, and all the files have been uploaded correctly.

I didn't have any plugins installed when I upgraded, and I still don't have any installed.

Can I get some help?

Is your admin directory different to /admin? If so, go into the /admin folder in Upload and upload the content to your admin directory. I had this error before.
That looks like a mysql error to me. But try The Elite's method first Smile
You need to make sure you overwrote all your files with the ones from the upgrade, can you check the modified dates to confirm you did indeed overwrite the files and also go ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification and see what the result of that is.
(12-12-2010, 08:59 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Is your admin directory different to /admin? If so, go into the /admin folder in Upload and upload the content to your admin directory. I had this error before.

Wow! That worked, thanks a lot! Smile It seems my admin directory was /admincp and not /admin.

(12-12-2010, 10:01 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]You need to make sure you overwrote all your files with the ones from the upgrade, can you check the modified dates to confirm you did indeed overwrite the files and also go ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification and see what the result of that is.

I did what The Elite said, and it worked, I then followed your advice to check the files, and it came up as an all good.

Again, to both of you, thanks! Smile