MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge System Attachments Not Copied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hi,
This is my second time trying to merge my smf to mybb..same problem: the attachments. First time i tried back in the days when the merge system was in beta stage. Now that is stable, i thought the thing will go smooth.
I tried to convert a smf 2.0 RC5 , locally, on my machine, before doing it on the live site. I have about 3000 attachments that are very important to my members.
The merge on my local copy went smooth, without errors. When everything was finished, i downloaded the report and checked the attacments...the link was not present where it should be. So...there are no attachments.
In uploads directory.. no attachments either. I have no error logs or something in merge/logs folder so i ll just attach the report.
Please if you have any idea...i am just trying to get rid of the damn smf Big Grin

come on people..please give me some directions..i m so fed up of smf.
We're aware there is a problem here, but I haven't found it yet. One possibility is that it is related to cURL. If you'd like you can try disabling the cURL section of the code (to force it to use other methods) by changing this line in merge/resources/functions.php:
if(function_exists("curl_init"))
To:
if(function_exists("curl_init") && USE_CURL == 1)

Then redo the merge from scratch. I'm not 100% convinced this is the issue just yet, but it could be.
Also, can I ask, what OS is being run on your server? I've found a bug that may affect Windows (WAMP, XAMPP, IIS+PHP, etc...) servers - but would not affect Linux/UNIX servers.
I am trying to convert from smf 2 rc5 to Mybb. after running all modules in merge script i have 2 problems.

1. posts written in local language URDU are messed up and showing unreadable content
2. i can see attachment in posts but can't download them they are not moved to mybb
(2011-04-10, 01:52 PM)kashifyy Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to convert from smf 2 rc5 to Mybb. after running all modules in merge script i have 2 problems.

1. posts written in local language URDU are messed up and showing unreadable content

Have you tried doing it without the Convert to UTF8 option? As stated by that option, if characters are messed up, try it without.

(2011-04-10, 01:52 PM)kashifyy Wrote: [ -> ]2. i can see attachment in posts but can't download them they are not moved to mybb

Attachments are still a problem. I need to know the same things I asked the other guy above.
(2011-04-09, 01:27 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]We're aware there is a problem here, but I haven't found it yet. One possibility is that it is related to cURL. If you'd like you can try disabling the cURL section of the code (to force it to use other methods) by changing this line in merge/resources/functions.php:
if(function_exists("curl_init"))
To:
if(function_exists("curl_init") && USE_CURL == 1)

Then redo the merge from scratch. I'm not 100% convinced this is the issue just yet, but it could be.

ok, i have tried after changing this line and i am having same problem
receiving this in both cases "The image “http://www.******.com/mybb/attachment.php?aid=144” cannot be displayed because it contains errors."
before after files attached.
And once again: what type of server are you performing the merge on?
(2011-04-10, 04:30 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]And once again: what type of server are you performing the merge on?

http://funchit.com/info.php
I wouldn't post a public link to your php info here...
(2011-04-10, 05:18 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't post a public link to your php info here...

is that a hacking risk. i am on shared hosting ...? should i remove and post just required info? Undecided

edit:
ok i googled a bit. i don't feel posting a php info link is security risk Smile i am ok with it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11