MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge System Attachments Not Copied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I changed the htaccess file in the "files" directory to "allow" instead of "deny" as shown in the link above. I then ran the merge.
(2011-11-13, 09:27 PM)knobblywobbly Wrote: [ -> ]I changed the htaccess file in the "files" directory to "allow" instead of "deny" as shown in the link above. I then ran the merge.

Did you use a URL for the attachments instead of a file system folder? .htaccess files only work if you use them with a URL.
(2011-11-13, 09:39 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use a URL for the attachments instead of a file system folder? .htaccess files only work if you use them with a URL.

Whooosh! That´s gone straight over my head.

I simply altered the htaccess file as per the one in the link you gave me. However, in the merge routine I did use a URL to point to the correct attachment folder, if that´s what you mean.

(2011-11-13, 09:44 PM)knobblywobbly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-13, 09:39 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use a URL for the attachments instead of a file system folder? .htaccess files only work if you use them with a URL.

Whooosh! That´s gone straight over my head.

I simply altered the htaccess file as per the one in the link you gave me. However, in the merge routine I did use a URL to point to the correct attachment folder, if that´s what you mean.

Yes, thats what I meant. Post Admin login details for both forums, phpMyAdmin login details for both databases, and ftp access for both forums in the Private Inquiries forum and I or favoiz will check it out as soon as possible.
Dear Dylan M,

First of all I have Mybb 1.6.4 and i cant find the mybb logs folder!
2nd I have attached a report from my conversation cos i cant find the LOGS folder, mybb/convert/logs , I cant seem to find it!
Maybe is it cos of my version is new!

3rd, I was converting my vbulleint 3.8 database, but somehow not everything is complete such as users, attachments and passwords!
The forums, Threads and Posts which was also important for me is converted fine! And some others stuff, threads and posts were all converted and the forums! Here is my logfile and the loginconvertphp.that i used! please take a look!

And if you can provide me the right loginconvert.php file I will be very thank full! I cant wait further, I am very new and I am amazed by what you guys have complished in mybb!

THANKS A LOT FOR THIS AMAZING HELP!!
I tried an import from PHBB3 (a Debian package installation) and everything worked except attachments.

I have mybb and phpbb3 installed in two different virtual host in the same machine, and I'm using last version for both Mybb and the merge system.

I did some attempts but:

1) the convert/logs do not exists anywhere so I cannot attach anything, please update the docs if it is moved somewhere or put a warning if it must be created and where.

2) In the attachment module dialog I'm not sure about what to put in the box asking for:

"Link (URL) to your forum attachment directory"

To which forum are you referring, there are two forum in the game, not telling clearly which one I have to guess ...

So it is:

a) the PHPBB3 directory where the source files are?
b) or the MyBB directory where they will be copied?

And that URL is referring to what? Having two different virtal host I have to use the mybb hostname or the phpbb3 ? A little bit of details will be useful.

Anyway assuming a) as more probable, because it suggested me /phpbb/files I copied into a files directory of mybb installation the content of the same PHPbb3 directory and I put:

http://mybb.myforum.it/files

as url.

I'm attacching a little more verbose report file (I just add some more logging in merge/boards/phpbb3/attachments.php). Unfortunately I could not find a way to make it printing the file he was searching (it should be an interesting information I suppose, ...), probably because it get it wrong. The result of the merge_fetch_remote_file() is empty.

Regards

I need to get the forum description changed, the logs have since been eliminated and replaced with a database table. I'll get back to you on this later, on my way out right now.
You were correct in assuming a, however you didn't need to copy the files. You can just put in the url to the phpBB attachments.

That being said, you need all the proper read+execute permissions on the files and folders. Then you also need to make sure that said files and folders can be accessed directly. Sometimes they cannot because you need to use .htaccess to allow it. That is mentioned earlier in this thread.
(2011-12-05, 02:05 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You were correct in assuming a, however you didn't need to copy the files. You can just put in the url to the phpBB attachments.

That being said, you need all the proper read+execute permissions on the files and folders. Then you also need to make sure that said files and folders can be accessed directly. Sometimes they cannot because you need to use .htaccess to allow it. That is mentioned earlier in this thread.
There is no .htaccess (I don't like it at all, they are a big performance hit).

Anyway PHPbb3 files are readable by apache, and I can access to then from a browser. But if I leave a directory instead of an URL it is interpreted as a part of an URL or as pathname in the filesystem?

I cannot get a list because the indexing of the directory is disabled but knowing the name and accessing it just gives me the image. This both with the PHPbb3 and Mybb URLs.

Anyway I re-did an import, specifying an URL and I'm attacching the "verbose" log obtained modifying merge/boards/phpbb3/attachments.php. I do not understand why $import_session['uploadspath'] (printed as Uploadpath: xxx) just before the test if(!empty($attachment_file)) on the after_insert function is reporting /phpbb/files when I put in the form the full URL.

Regards
sergiob

PS why use a DB to log things? At least it could'nt be grepped and extracting info is far more complex...
You may have just solved this conundrum for me. Its after hours for me and I'm preparing for some much needed downtime. I will definitely check this out in some more detail tomorrow. But that's a huge clue right there. I've torn my hair out over this for long enough... yet despite dumping variables all over the place I never managed to find this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11