MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can't install google SEO and New Points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to install both google SEO and New Points twice. All four times I tried to install them the plugins part of the ACP became inaccessible. Yes I do realize that you have to edit files for google SEO. I deleted the newpoints.php file in the inc/plugins directory the acp became accessible again. The same thing happened with the google seo plugin.
Can anyone help me?
I have an admin account and an ftp account if you would need that.
P.S. I backed up my forum before I tried to install google SEO and New Points system. I restored it after Google SEO didn't work.
Can you pm me an admin login and ftp please
You can upload them with this: http://mods.mybb.com/view/plugin-uploader

Then you'll just have to make the functions.php and .htaccess edits for Google SEO.

Both of these plugins add a folder to the ./inc/plugins/ folder with important files in it, it sounds like you're missing this.
I have followed all of the instructions and I am still getting this
Quote:Modifications to inc/functions.php are required for URL support. Please see the documentation for details.

inc/plugins/google_seo/translate.php is required for URL translation. Please see the documentation for details.
404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled.
And have you read the documentation as it says? It's all explained in there.
Yeah, I did and I did exactly what it said to do, but it is still not working for me.
If you'd done exactly what it says to do you wouldn't get the error posted above.

PM me admin and FTP login details if you want me to take a look.
I think I was messing up on the file edits. I never had to do that for a mod before.
I got the .htaccess stuff right, but I don't think I got the other file edits correct. I undid all of the file edits other than .htaccess.
(2010-12-13, 01:23 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]PM me admin and FTP login details if you want me to take a look.

Google SEO is working now.

./inc/plugins/newpoints/languages/english/newpoints_shop.lang.php is missing though, you'll need to upload that to get rid of the error on user profiles.