MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with IE 8 with compatibility mode on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As subject ... see the image

[attachment=20752]

With compatibility mode off all is ok !
I think this is apparently known as a bug with Internet Explorer. Use a different browser.
[Image: demotivational-posters-the-new-internet-explorer.jpg]

^ This says it all, unfortunately Smile
(2010-12-12, 10:43 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ][Image: demotivational-posters-the-new-internet-explorer.jpg]

^ This says it all, unfortunately Smile

I installed Ie9 on my laptop and found it to be a lot less crappy. UI is still crap, but the guts are better.
Tbh, I find no reason to install it. I have firefox and opera, and with IEs reputation, I don't see it being any better than opera or firefox Big Grin
Its better then Opera (Opera a freaking best, way to much extra crap.) Its faster, renders much better, but looks still crappy.
I think opera is pretty lightweight. I disabled everything pretty much Toungue
(2010-12-12, 11:23 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I think opera is pretty lightweight. I disabled everything pretty much Toungue

Why not just use Chrome or safari? Both are lightweight out of the box Toungue.
I tried to debug it using the new IE9 developer tools (which has a nice feature allowing you to select what IE version to render in), the only bugs I found though were in IE9. It seems when you try and alter a property using developer tools with compatibility mode on it renders it again without compatibility mode....

I suggest for the moment you just turn compatibility mode off, I don't think there are too many sites these days that would be broken on a modern browser but not IE7....
Most things are better than internet explorer these days. Its simple, just switch, the only reason ie is still used is because it is the default browser of windows.