MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: .com or .net?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-12-13, 06:29 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ].co.uk

Why? I've even heard Americans say that .co.uk wasn't a TLD before. (Even though as Brits know it is) If they think that, don't you think they'd think less of your site?
(2010-12-13, 06:31 PM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-13, 06:29 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ].co.uk

Why? I've even heard Americans say that .co.uk wasn't a TLD before. (Even though as Brits know it is) If they think that, don't you think they'd think less of your site?

If it's a UK based site, who cares?
Wouldn't you want to attract more traffic, especially if it's a forum? I know of a site who primarily uses a .co.uk domain but has members from around the World, and they're always complaining that they don't have a TLD.
Unless it helps with google page rankings i'll just stick to my .com
(2010-12-13, 06:36 PM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't you want to attract more traffic, especially if it's a forum? I know of a site who primarily uses a .co.uk domain but has members from around the World, and they're always complaining that they don't have a TLD.

It depends whether you want that extra traffic, the project I'm working on at the moment I only want UK traffic so I'm using .co.uk (even though I also own .org and .net), the site is completely irrelevant to anyone outside the UK.
(2010-12-13, 06:37 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]Unless it helps with google page rankings i'll just stick to my .com

.com is the best domain to use for that purpose.
Even though .com is the "default" .net is gaining a lot of favour lately, especially among community and blog websites. I like it more.
We need a .mybb extension.
(2010-12-13, 09:07 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]We need a .mybb extension.

"DOT-MIBB"
Compared to most others I don't think it sounds that bad tbh.
Pages: 1 2 3 4