MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google/Yahoo bot help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I have opened a forum but google and/or yahoo never visit itSad I have installed google SEO and it gives me errors those errors:
Modifications to inc/functions.php are required for URL support. Please see the documentation for details.
Add to .htaccess:
RewriteEngine on

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://forum.svitech.net/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404
404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled.

I added this text to htaccess but it still gives me this warning, and none of the bots access my forum. I think I did something wrong, I tried searching for my forum on google doesnt do a thing.

Thanks for your help,
Tim, forum.svitech.net
1 - submit your site to google and yahoo
2 - it takes some time to get indexed, how old is your site ?
(2010-12-13, 07:11 AM)PurPL3 Wrote: [ -> ]1 - submit your site to google and yahoo
2 - it takes some time to get indexed, how old is your site ?

2 days old, I just got the domain

also is it considered for my forum to be submitted (forum.svitech.net) if my main site (svitech.net) is submitted
(2010-12-13, 07:28 AM)sviridovt Wrote: [ -> ]2 days old, I just got the domain

So what is the problem? Have patience.
One of my sites wasn't indexed for a month or so. Be patient Wink are there any links to your forum on other forums?
(2010-12-12, 10:40 PM)sviridovt Wrote: [ -> ]I added this text to htaccess but it still gives me this warning, and none of the bots access my forum. I think I did something wrong, I tried searching for my forum on google doesnt do a thing.

Have you renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess ??

It takes time for search engines to index your site. You need to create content and build backlinks - the Google SEO plugin won't magically get your site indexed.