MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Q: board settings per forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I would like to set up multiple forums with what looks to me like entirely different board settings, so how to do that, or something like it?

For example, I need a forum that is a sandbox everyone is a guest except for admins, but they have full access to creating threads and replies (including deleting their own). For this forum, they do not see any of the smiles, attachments, and posting options when creating a thread or reply, and don't need voting - I need to strip down all the features in the forum, thread, and new reply and new thread submissions forms, in this sandbox - except for admins.

Then I also need a forum that restricts users into a more traditional discussion forum that is full featured.

If you could have multiple boards, that would be ideal, but I can't seem to find a a way to do that...

Any ideas on how I could accomplish this? I know I could edit a new template set to limit the features in my sandbox, but that would seem to remove features for admins too.

And any feature removal/disable at the board settings level seems to apply to all threads...?

Thank you for any ideas,
Gordon
You can edit "Forum Permissions" or each forum to allow or deny users or guests based on their "User Group". Go to ACP > Forum and Managements > Select Forum [Options] and click "Permissions" > se what ever permissions you would like to set or that forum.
thanks for the reply.

Well, yes, I know of those settings, but they seem much more limited than I was thinking of.

So, what would it take to have multiple boards? I have to have completely separate installs of myBB? Is that possible on the same server?
(2010-12-14, 12:01 AM)Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the reply.

Well, yes, I know of those settings, but they seem much more limited than I was thinking of.

So, what would it take to have multiple boards? I have to have completely separate installs of myBB? Is that possible on the same server?

It's not limited at all. If you want only guests to be able to post in a forum, simply set the permissions you want for guests but deny permissions to all other usergroups except Admins. Smile