MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Errors in Config.php?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm looking for somebody that could help me solve this problem with my forum pages. I recently attempted to install the menu manager mod. I downloaded the file and replaced the 'inc' folder in my database to the new one that came with the mod. This caused the forums to display this error message;
Quote:Error Type: MyBB Error (40)
Error Message: Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
Then when I investigated this problem on Wiki I found the common error messages page with the relevant information. I copied the sample script for config.php and edited it as instructed. Now the forums are back up but I have a list of certain bugs on the pages and am hoping someone can tell me what I need to do or change to correct them. My Forums URL is www.rumvillage.com/swapshop/index.php
Any and all help will be Greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Sabian
Reupload ./inc/class_error.php from a fresh download.
There's no reason installing that plugin should have done anything to your config.php, not sure how you managed to do that, and I have no idea what code you've put into config.php if it's dividing something by 0 on line 2, line 2 is a comment... delete config.php and remake it again.

There's not actually an error in functions.php, code in functions.php is causing an error due to the fact the config.php error is being outputted first, it's config.php with the error.
Thanks for the support... I tried to upload class_error.php from a fresh download but it appeared unchanged. I can delete config.php and remake it but I'm not sure what to change as I've only edited the sample script where instructed. Perhaps someone could help? Here is what I've put into config.php;
Quote:<?php/
$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'myusername';
$config['database']['password'] = 'mypassword';
$config['database']['database'] = 'mydatabasename';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';
$config['admin_dir'] = 'myadminfolder';
$config['hide_admin_links'] = 1;
$config['cache_store'] = 'db';
$config['super_admins'] = '1';
$config['db_encoding'] = 'utf8';
$config['log_pruning'] = array(
'admin_logs' => 365, // Administrator logs
'mod_logs' => 365, // Moderator logs
'task_logs' => 30, // Scheduled task logs
'mail_logs' => 180, // Mail error logs
'user_mail_logs' => 180, // User mail logs
'promotion_logs' => 180 // Promotion logs
);

?>

Thought it may be helpful to mention that these are lines 1-22 in the code. I have also renamed my admin folder. Don't know if that would have caused anything to go wrong. And just in case anyone is mislead I have edited out my database info here also for obvious reasons. Thanks again.
Remove the / after <?php