MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: co.cc or .tk?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Which free domain would you choose?
I'd expect everybody is going to choose the last one.
Both domains are useless in my opinion.
They are good for when your forum is small, under 25 members but if you want to be serious about it, get a TLD.
(2010-12-13, 12:54 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]They are good for when your forum is small, under 25 members but if you want to be serious about it, get a TLD.

I completely disagree. There is no point in setting up halo.tk or halo.co.cc, with the mindset that you will "buy a tld when it grows", because the chances are that it won't be available. There is no point in making your forum and getting it known under one name, only to change it when you realise the domain has been bought.

I wish people would stop being cheap and just buy a tld. It's simple, and you won't find your domain stolen.

I personally would always go for a tld, I got a free domain for an board i was going to try out and the domain just gave me an error after entering the dns info. needless to say i gave up on they whole idea.
I wouldn't choose either. Get a proper domain.
(2010-12-13, 01:04 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-13, 12:54 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]They are good for when your forum is small, under 25 members but if you want to be serious about it, get a TLD.

I completely disagree. There is no point in setting up halo.tk or halo.co.cc, with the mindset that you will "buy a tld when it grows", because the chances are that it won't be available. There is no point in making your forum and getting it known under one name, only to change it when you realise the domain has been bought.

True, but one of my forums started on a co.cc, became successful and I moved it to a TLD. Toungue
(2010-12-13, 01:25 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-13, 01:04 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]

True, but one of my forums started on a co.cc, became successful and I moved it to a TLD. Toungue

Yes, but you might start a forum, and choose a name where there is a TLD that is available for i. You think "ill buy it when we get bigger", only to realise the TLD has been bought up by someone else. Wink
Get a TLD if you can
Pages: 1 2 3 4