MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Horizontal postbit's layout probs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello I want to shift from classic to horizontal postbit,don't worry am not asking HOW but it deteriorates performance,I will explain the things with image below:

[Image: errorzu.png]

1) In horizontal postbit,it gives such white area which doesn't look at all good,how can I replace it or remove it with the one showed near the name(grey background one) ?

2) I have thanks plugin installed since times,in horizontal postbit,you can see its now showing/appearing perfectly,how do I fix that? Confused

I am running myBB 1.4x please help me guys,thanks !
The reason your postbit is so high, is because of all the user details you have on the right. You could try removing some, or moving them.

For example, remove "Given X Thank(s) in X post(s)" as its not really needed.

Then move the "warning level" and "join date" to underneath the number of "User Stars"
Changing the postbits will not to anything to performance at all, it's just loading different HTML, that's all.

1. Not sure what you mean here, what do you bean by replace or remove it?? You can't 'remove' the white bit...

2. You're asking to fix it when you said yourself it's showing perfectly?? Don't get what you mean here. The only thing I see wrong is the button doesn't match the others.
man for,

1) I mean,see this community board only just above our reply space,our username is there,its background and our reply's background match(here purple),thats what I mean,I dont want that white thingy Sad
Matt, i tihnk he means the whitespace above and below the username etc Smile
yes excatly please help me and also the username is not sticked to top,how can I move some items on right to left below the username,please help Sad
Post the contents of your Postbit template Smile
okay here are the the contents of postbit templates:

{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tbody>
		<tr>
			<td class="tcat tcat_right tcat_left tcat_top">
				<div class="float_left smalltext">
					{$post['postdate']}, {$post['posttime']} <span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>
				</div>
				{$post['posturl']}
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow1 {$unapproved_shade}">
				<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="width: 100%;">
					<tr>
						<td class="post_avatar" width="1" style="{$post['avatar_padding']}">
							{$post['useravatar']}
						</td>
						<td class="post_author">
							<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
							<span class="smalltext">
								{$post['usertitle']}<br />
								{$post['userstars']}
								{$post['groupimage']}
							</span>
						</td>
						<td class="smalltext post_author_info" width="165">
							{$post['user_details']}
						</td>
					</tr>
				</table>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow2 post_content {$unapproved_shade}">
				<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
<hr />
				<div class="post_body" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
					{$post['message']}
				</div>
				{$post['attachments']}
				{$post['signature']}

<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				<div class="float_right">{$post['iplogged']}</div>
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow1 post_buttons {$unapproved_shade}">
				<div class="author_buttons float_left">
					{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
				</div>
				<div class="post_management_buttons float_right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['thanks']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>{$post['thxdsp_inline']}
	<table>{$post['thxdsp']}</table></tbody>
</table>{$post['thxdsp_outline']}{$post['adsaf']}{$post[inline_ad]}
read this topic it will show u how to change it.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-84050.html

or an alternative:
Admincp ~> Settings ~> Show Thread Options ~> Display posts using the classic layout
old user can chang it in
UserCP->Edit Options->Thread View Options->Display posts in classic mode
or u can run 1 sql
UPDATE mybb_users SET classicpostbit=1
Thats not what he wants. He wants the userdetails (Join Date and Warning Level) to be moved below the "User Stars" section. To even out the postbit Smile
Pages: 1 2 3