MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Color Scheme Skins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As I've seen the demand for more variety in colors schemes for each skin that is released increase in the past couple months or so, I've been trying to think of the best/most optimized way of doing it. As a "consumer" of MyBB themes, I'd just like some feedback from you... Do you prefer a javascript/jQuery method of changing the color scheme, or do you prefer multiple packages of the same theme but in different color schemes?

Thanks for input!
Hmmm, & jQuery/JavaScript changer would be very neat. I've never seen any themes like that yet.
(2010-12-14, 07:39 PM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, & jQuery/JavaScript changer would be very neat. I've never seen any themes like that yet.

Joshee does a lot of this, I've only experimented with it once but he implements it cleaning as far as I can see with his web templates.
I would go for Jquery, since its new and many authors are using this.
I'd go for the style changer as well. However I recommend using Prototype and not jQuery, I don't think it's worth loading jQuery just for a style changer.
(2010-12-14, 08:06 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I'd go for the style changer as well. However I recommend using Prototype and not jQuery, I don't think it's worth loading jQuery just for a style changer.

Good point, I'll have to do some research Toungue
This is actually done on one or two phpBB styles using jQuery. It works well too. Smile
Both. I know it sounds stupid and hard but its true.

Some people like me, don't like extra things we aren't using.

On the other hand a lot of people love those cool effects, and see it as useful.
jQuery. Far more convenient. I have a theme which uses two stylesheet switchers and it works great.
(2010-12-14, 08:55 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]jQuery. Far more convenient. I have a theme which uses two stylesheet switchers and it works great.

ForumWarfare isn't it?
Pages: 1 2