MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML in emails?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-12-20, 03:50 PM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea please?
How to enable HTML in the dialy board emails? so new replies notifications, acccount activations.. emails are html formatted?
NB: I am not talking about mass email

I assume you want to "Use" HTML in emails. Try to view this: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_formatting.asp
This is a basic HTML info, feel free to discuss whatever you want to use in HTML. Smile
Switching the subscriptions emails to HTML is not as easy as it sounds. I haven't checked it but you probably need to edit inc/datahandlers/post.php and set the headers field to the properly HTML headers in the insert query (insert query to mailqueue).
(2010-12-20, 07:33 PM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]Then change that to format it in HTML. If you're not good with HTML, Google it, there's many good guides and tips that will show you how.

It is not a metter of writing HTML codes, I can write pages in html
As Pirata Nervo pointed out, it seems not so easy to swich email subscriptions to HTML, thought I used to use it in phpbb3
Anyway, I tried formatting the follwong messagein HTML, but it was sent in raw html
$l['email_forumsubscription'] = "{1},
{2} has just started a new thread in {3}. This is a forum you have subscribed to at {4}.
The thread is titled {5}
Here is an excerpt of the message:
--
{6}
--
To view the thread, you can go to the following URL:
{7}/{8}
There may also be other new threads and replies but you will not receive anymore notifications until you visit the board again.
Thank you,
{4} Staff
------------------------------------------
Unsubscription Information:
If you would not like to receive any more notifications of new threads in this forum, visit the following URL in your browser:
{7}/usercp2.php?action=removesubscription&type=forum&fid={9}&my_post_key={10}
------------------------------------------";
(2010-12-20, 10:27 PM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-20, 07:33 PM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]Then change that to format it in HTML. If you're not good with HTML, Google it, there's many good guides and tips that will show you how.

I can write pages in html
I tried formatting the follwong messagein HTML, but it was sent in raw html
[code]
$l['email_forumsubscription'] = "{1},
{2} has just started a new thread in {3}. This is a forum you have subscribed to at {4}.
The thread is titled {5}
Here is an excerpt of the message:
--
{6}
--
To view the thread, you can go to the following URL:
{7}/{8}
There may also be other new threads and replies but you will not receive anymore notifications until you visit the board again.
Thank you,
{4} Staff
------------------------------------------
Unsubscription Information:
If you would not like to receive any more notifications of new threads in this forum, visit the following URL in your browser:
{7}/usercp2.php?action=removesubscription&type=forum&fid={9}&my_post_key={10}
------------------------------------------";
[code]

That's exactly why I posted this:

(2010-12-20, 07:46 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Switching the subscriptions emails to HTML is not as easy as it sounds. I haven't checked it but you probably need to edit inc/datahandlers/post.php and set the headers field to the properly HTML headers in the insert query (insert query to mailqueue).

so can i post images in html????? if so can u plzz explain?????
(2010-12-29, 06:54 PM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]so can i post images in html????? if so can u plzz explain?????

That isn't even related to this topic but here:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_images.asp
In the mail I can use all HTML tags I want or there are restrictions in e-mails?
Why MassMail takes days to submit all mails?
@pyridine thnkx buddy....
Pages: 1 2