MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: QUESTION (please Help me)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HY !
i have an myBB Forum installed on my site But it USE To Much CPU Resurces (even if are just 2 users MYBB Use 5-10% From CPU Resurces)

Quote:Generated in 0.7030239 seconds (82.42% PHP / 17.58% MySQL)
MySQL Queries: 12 / Parsing 0.0017331 / Global Parsing Time: 0.4497371
PHP version: 4.4.1 / Server Load: 7.53 / GZip Compression: Enabled

My Question IS: Is Possible to Move All files For MyBB (images/Templates) To Another Source (Web Site) ?

And Also If I Move the MYSQL Data Base CPU Load Will be The Same or will be Less ??

Please Answer To my Question (if you Understand what i'm tryng to say..) Coz i really need help.

My Host Allow Me to USE Max. 10% From CPU resurces And If I Will Broke this line Smile They Will Cancel my Account Sad( . And Is not a free Account..is A PAYD One..

Thank you All In Advence !!~!!!
7.53 Server Load should be fine. I would only be worrying when it starts to near 100. If I were you, I would change hosts, because it should be the hosts problem to keep the Server Load under 10% for each person they host on a server, not you
Actually linux loads are considered high when they go over "1". Extreme would be 10.

You have to remember that you're on a shared server too and that load is sever wide, not just for your site.

Are you by chance using free hosting? Because I'd say on that server there are a hell of a lot of other sites hosted.

Moving images won't help as they're static content.

Serving the database off another server over the internet won't do much either - PHP needs to remotely connect then send any data between the servers over the internet. The only reason you'd do that was if you had two servers locally networked.
Mine's just on 0.61. Big Grin Not bad I suppose :\
Mine is 0.05 Toungue
Don't poke me, mine is 1.78... it's been over 100, though, but that was on the "other" server.
Server Load: 0.47 Smile
Chris Boulton Wrote:Actually linux loads are considered high when they go over "1". Extreme would be 10.
Doesn't it depend on the number of CPUs? Like if you have 1 CPU, then 1 would be when 1 CPU is used to the max, and if you have 2 CPUs, then 2 would be when both CPUs are used to the max?

Anyway I'm probably wrong as I have 0 knowledge of this stuff...

Chris Boulton Wrote:Moving images won't help as they're static content.
Doesn't decreasing the number of requests on the same server lower the server load...even by the most minute amount? Wink
Server Load: 6.53

Dang! It's slow, and often pages appear without any layout, forcing users to refresh... so much for me moving to a better server; my OLD one was better!

[EDIT]
Very jumpy:

Server Load: 10.18
Server Load: 7.6
Server Load: 8.66
Server Load: 11.32

I guess Godaddy overcrowds their servers =/