MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Averages on stats.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Concerning this: http://community.mybb.com/stats.php

The avarages such as posts per day, members per day etc are calculated directly by taking the total number of posts/users and divide by the number of days since the board was created.

I would suggest to let the admin choose to calculate the stats on a monthly basis as it would show the activity of the forum with greater accuracy.

Cons:-
More power would be needed to generate the new stats Sad

What's your opinion about this?
Best Regards
I think the Cons would outweigh the Pros on this one. However, it would be nice as an optional feature, a plugin maybe.
Not really. You could run it as a weekly or daily task, not secondly or something like that :/
(2010-12-20, 01:07 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Not really. You could run it as a weekly or daily task, not secondly or something like that :/

If it was run as a daily task then maybe. But still, I think that this would be much better off as a plugin than a core feature.

(2010-12-20, 01:07 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-20, 01:07 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Not really. You could run it as a weekly or daily task, not secondly or something like that :/

If it was run as a daily task then maybe. But still, I think that this would be much better off as a plugin than a core feature.

To me a plugin to redo a core feature sounds stupid. Imho, just edit the core.
It adds unnecessary changes. Not everyone will use it. Few people will. So making it a plugin instead of a core feature would be the best option imo.
(2010-12-20, 01:20 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]It adds unnecessary changes. Not everyone will use it. Few people will. So making it a plugin instead of a core feature would be the best option imo.

I meant the users that want it.
I think it makes sense to calculate the averages monthly rather than from the beginning, for sure.
(2010-12-20, 12:53 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Cons would outweigh the Pros on this one. However, it would be nice as an optional feature, a plugin maybe.

I don't think it would be much more intensive than the current system. I don't look at the stats page too often to be completely honest but I wouldn't mind an extra setting for this.