MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thumbs Post Rating 1.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2011-09-09, 11:31 PM)Otaku Space Representative Wrote: [ -> ]I can't find the page? And in your Download Submissions, it says that you have only created one Plugin. Is this just me?

The file on MyBB mod site maybe temporarily unavailable when awaiting validation after I submitted the new release. Now it is available =)

p/s: You can also download from the first post of this thread.
What about having this kind of "THUMBS" rating system for threads instead of the dreaded stars?

Thanks
(2011-09-10, 06:42 PM)FooFighter Wrote: [ -> ]What about having this kind of "THUMBS" rating system for threads instead of the dreaded stars?

Thanks

Well, thumbs are not "rating" but rather "like/not like", this is different.

I "like" this thread, therfore I "Thumbs UP" it.

I "like" this thread, therfore I "Star" it.
(2011-09-11, 08:32 PM)FooFighter Wrote: [ -> ]I "like" this thread, therfore I "Thumbs UP" it.

I "like" this thread, therfore I "Star" it.

Five stars is a more flexible scale than the simple like/dislike. My approach is that I rate (with stars) the subject of the thread (and thus the average rating by many users is calculated), while I thumb up/down the individual posts within the thread.

For example, the thread is dedicated to the album "Ride the Lightning" by Metallica. It collects 4 or 5 stars from all the users, thus gaining the average rating of, say, 4,78 (btw, this is quite informative for the listeners yet unacquainted with Metallica). The users leave posts in the thread about what they think of this album. Then some guy comes in and posts something inappropriate about Metallica, and he immediately collects a number of thumb dislikes.

Thus we differentiate the rating of the thread subject from the "rating" (read - likes/dislikes) of what folks say about the subject.

If the thread was liked/disliked instead, this would not allow to calculate the average rating.
I don't care what you think.

I'm asking the mod author if he/she would make a similar thread rating system to this thumbs rating system.

Once again, I'm asking the mod author ONLY...no one else, including you Maechlis.
(2011-09-11, 11:17 PM)FooFighter Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care what you think.

I'm asking the mod author if he/she would make a similar thread rating system to this thumbs rating system.

Once again, I'm asking the mod author ONLY...no one else, including you Maechlis.

I recognize you are very amiable today, FooFighter. This is your undeniable right to ask the mod author, of course. I would have no questions or comments if you addressed him personally. But when you adress the unspecified public in the kind of "what about such & such idea", others reserve the right to comment upon it. Would you please remember that the community forum is not designed exclusively for your dialogue with the mod authors.

Thanks.

Features to consider adding in a future version perhaps,

- Who rated up and down. (restricted to user groups)
- Allow option to display on first post only.
(2011-09-12, 01:45 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Features to consider adding in a future version perhaps,

- Who rated up and down. (restricted to user groups)
- Allow option to display on first post only.

Option to display on 1st post only is already there.
It appears my post has been deleted or something like that.

How can i add that box to postbit_classic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15